Sale #95 BOW CITY philatelics ltd. This Sale Closes Saturday, July 13, 2019.
NEW MAILING ADDRESS: PO BOX 78103, 383 HERITAGE DR SE, CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA. T2H 2Y1 E MAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com WEB PAGE: http://www.bowcity.net *** IN THE EVENT OF A LENGTHY POSTAL STRIKE, THIS AUCTION WILL CLOSE 3 WEEKS AFTER THE END OF THAT STRIKE. *** LOTS MAY BE VIEWED AT OUR OFFICES IN SOUTHEAST CALGARY #204 - 5240 – 1a ST. SE PHONE: (403) 237-5828 TOLL FREE 1-888-432-1282 TERMS OF SALE 1) All lots are sold to the highest bidder at an advance over the under bidder. We accept telephone bids if followed by written confirmation. Bids may also be sent via our E MAIL address that is shown above. PLEASE INCLUDE MAILING ADDRESS and HOME PHONE NUMBER. There will be a nominal CHARGE OF 50c PER LOT purchased to partially offset our lotting, catalogue printing, and increased mailing costs. We do not have a subscription fee for our active bidders. WE DO NOT HAVE A BUYERS PREMIUM
2) BOW CITY reserves the right to withdraw any lot, or act on behalf of the seller if bids fail to reach a fair market value. BIDS OF LESS THAN 50% OF SUGGESTED BID (SB) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
3) Scans of lots are available upon request. We will send these electronically via e-mail.
4) A binding agreement to purchase is concluded with the highest successful bidder upon close of business on the auction closing day. Cancellation of bids for any reason will not be accepted after this point.
5) Payment for lots purchased is due upon receipt of invoice. Lots will be forwarded to successful bidders upon receipt of payment. Postage, handling and insurance will be charged, plus registration on purchases over $100. (To protect ourselves against losses in the mail, we must register packages above $100). All chargecard payments will be run in $CDN and converted by the creditcard company to the applicable currency, at prevailing rates of exchange. Bidders known to us will receive lots directly with invoice. PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT SHIPMENT OF LOTS IF YOU ARE A FIRST TIME BIDDER. If you are a NEW BIDDER, we recommend payment via chargecard, bank draft, or certified cheque. This will allow for immediate shipment of successful lots, otherwise personal cheque clearance could take from 10 days to 3 weeks. It is also our policy not to ship material with invoices over $500 before payment, unless credit has been previously established. Payment may be made directly into our bank account (acct # supplied upon request), but the payor is responsible for all bank charges at both ends of the transaction. A credit charge of 1.5% per month will be levied on overdue accounts, for an effective annual rate of 18%. There will be a charge of $45 on cheques returned to us for any reason.
6) All lots are guaranteed and sold as described. Any lot not described correctly may be returned within 5 days of receipt for a full refund. Lots that are described correctly are not returnable for any reason. Lots that have described defects may not be returned on account of those defects. Photographed lots are not returnable for centering or perf defects. Lots containing material described as in "mixed condition" are not returnable. Lots with more than 10 stamps are not returnable. Bidders that have had an opportunity to view lots may not return them for any reason.
7) Expertising - BOW CITY will make provision for purchasers who wish to have a philatelic item expertised. If this is your intention, please indicate such on your bid sheet, or immediately after the auction close. BOW CITY will cover the costs of expertising any lot that is proved to be other than described, to a maximum of $50. We recommend the following organizations: Vincent Graves Greene, APS, Royal Philatelic Society. No lot is returnable for refund for any reason whatsoever 120 days after close of the auction. Including items sent for expertisation. All items sent for an expert opinion must be prepaid. All items sent for an expert opinion must be prepaid. Any lot sent for certification that is returned, must be returned in the same condition as received (with no handstamps).
8) GST - The GST (Goods & Services Tax) will be collected on total invoice amount addressed to anywhere in Canada except: HST (NFLD & NB) is charged at 13%. HST NS is Charged at 15% (PEI is GST at 5%). HST ONT is charged at 13%. All taxes are based on the ship-to address of the pkg. US and international invoices will have it collected on lot charges, postage, insurance, & handling. This is the law. We are just the tax collectors.
9) The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing terms of sale. BID SHEETS MUST BE SIGNED & include home and business phone #'s.
10) PLEASE DO NOT CALL US FOR AUCTION RESULTS FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE. We will supply winning bids to customers by lot number. Please have your lot numbers ready to recite over the phone. E-mail is very effective as well. Thank-you.